Friday, October 28, 2011

Better late than never

Wow... so it has been awhile. Our lives have been crazy, but finally we are in the final stages before the baby actually arrives. Laura has been here now for about three weeks and we finally have had a few appointments and are very happy with the doctors and the hospital staff at Munson Hospital. We have moved into a house on Duck Lake near Interlochen. I actually was able to go kayaking out our front door yesterday. I am way too excited, Laura finally has the opportunity to nest and Meadow, besides a small fall down the stairs, is enjoying her new cozy house. We will be here until June and then hopefully decide longer range plans after Laura gets a job.

My job has unfortunately has been crazy and I have had to travel a lot these past two weeks. For example: I was in Grand Rapids with Laura over the weekend for the diaper poker party, Sunday night we had our baby class. Monday I was in Rogers City for a meeting, Tuesday in Traverse City, Wednesday in Alpena, Thursday in East Jordan and Gaylord, tonight we had a trunk or treat event and tomorrow a masquarade party that they need adults for and next week meetings in Rogers City and Kalkaska. Way to crazy this close to the baby, but after that I will be in town until the baby comes.

We are so excited and everyday we can tell we are getting closer. We finally got to see the birthing video in our class and then guys and girls were split up for Q and A. You could have heard a pin drop in the guy's circle and quickly we tried to figure who the first one of us who would get to experience this amazing event. Luckily, I was not the first one (might need a couple days to get ready for all of that) but quickly started sweating when I figured out I was second in line! Just part of the journey and Laura and I are excited to take. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment